Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spring Break!

These are always difficult weeks if we are just at home and not on a vacation somewhere. I always feel like I have to be an event organizer. So we started off the week with a pretty good bike ride. Steven is doing great with his riding, but I sometimes forget that it still takes a lot of focus for him. We rode around town, which was only about 3miles, but there are a lot of turns. One time as we made a hard right I heard the snow crunching behind me (yes, there is still snow here) and Steven saying “I’m o.k., I’m o.k.” I turned around to find him backing out of a snowbank convincing himself it was alright. He got right back on like a trooper and we continued on our way. By the time we got home he was drenched in sweat and exhausted. He continued to tell me how tired he was for the rest of the day and could hardly hold his head up at dinner. Wow, if I could only get him to do that everyday.
Then later in the week I got to go skiing with him with the disability program. It was the first time I ever skied with him. I am so amazed at the physical gains he has made this year. Skiing used to be quite the process for him. In the past it took two teachers and all there strength and tenacity. But now he is finally skiing independently. We spent the morning with an instructor so I could see where he was as far as his ability and then after lunch he and I were on our own. It was so fun to see his progress and I could finally see a day in the future that we could go out and do this together.
Our last outing of the week was a fun trip to the Denver to the Zoo. We go to be outside and enjoy a picnic with one of our good friends and then enjoy the zoo on a warm spring day. All in all is was a pretty good week, but I am ready to get back to our routine and stop being the activity director.

What will we do this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment