Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Skiing

I know I'm not being a very good blogger. This is a bad excuse, but I have been too busy. We'll I just couldn't let you guys miss out on what I have to share.We decided to sign Steven up for Special Olympics skiing this year. For those of you who don't know Steven that well, he doesn't really like skiing and winter is his least favorite season. He usually stands looking out the window saying "I love grass and sun". So skiing is something we do just to keep him physical during the winter. He has only skied about 5 times a year for the last few years and even that has been with the Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center. They have used a harness system with him until the last time he went last winter. He is definitely the least experienced person on the team. We have been twice so far and I can't believe how much he has improved. He is so funny. He says he doesn't like it, but he is so excited every time we get to the bottom of the hill. The last time we went it was snowing so hard that the snow was up to his knees in areas. He didn't like that much. He was doing well but then he fell. After that it was "I can't, I can't, I can't, so we took turns putting him (all 155lbs) between our skis behind us and had him hold on to our waist and just got him down. But by the time we got to the bottom it had cleared up a lot and he wanted to go again. We finished up successfully but then on the way home as he talked to his imaginary friends he was saying how he didn't like skiing and wasn't going again. But by Thursday he said he wanted to ski on Saturday. So the next time we go I will try and get a video so you can enjoy this more fully

No comments:

Post a Comment