Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mountain Mobility

This summer Steven started using Mtn Mobility (a bus service for people with special needs). This bus takes riders from point A to point B without stops in between. They know their riders and their needs so it is perfect to provide more indepenance. His very first ride was quite exciting. Due to some confusion at the day camp he was leaving he accidentally got on the regular bus. There were other kids from the camp on that bus so we thought he could just ride with them and get off with them (one of the kids had a cell phone) and I could pick him up. I had called this other camper to ask them to keep Steven with them, so we had a plan. Well the regular bus makes regular stops and at one of them Steven saw a Mtn Mobility bus like he was supposed to ride and thought "oh, there's my bus". So he gets off. The other camper that was supposed to be with him wasn't sure what to do and by the time I got a call the bus he was on was gone and Steven was on his own. I kept getting calls that Steven had gotten on the wrong bus, wait it's o.k. he's with some friends, wait it's not o.k. he got off, he's alone and we don't know where he is!!! WHAT! So naturally I am freaking out. Well thank goodness for our small community. Steven went to the Mtn Mobility bus he saw and the driver called into the office and found out that there had been a mix up with Steven and graciouslly took him home. It was a good learning experience. And it was nice to see him get where he was going on his own. I needed to be drugged by the end of it but it all worked out o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment