Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tip a Cop



I sometimes wonder if Steven will ever really have a job, but after today I think I can put that fear to rest. We helped out at Old Chicago today with some local police officers, raising money for Special Olympics. It was called "Tip a Cop". There were envelopes on each table for people to leave donations in. I wasn't sure exactly to expect. I was a little worried they would just expect the athelets to go around and ask for donations. But I was happily surprised that they actually got to work and visit with the guests. Which made people very generous. I think meeting the kids and seeing them as a valuable person was great. The kids got to work with the hostess on seating and giving out menus, as well as clean up. Steven totally amazed me. He worked the whole time (except for when he ate his lunch). He was clearly tired at the end, but he probably worked 3hrs. Not bad for his first time. I feel confident he will have a job one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment